Please find below a list of some of my favorite, excellent resources for federal and state tax forms and related publications, Michigan workman’s compensation and unemployment, sales tax exemption and more. These resources are responsible for the privacy practices and the content of their Web sites. The information contained therein does not constitute legal, financial or tax advice from Mark L. Persitz, CPA, P.C.
IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:
To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, I am informing you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in these other sites was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any person for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another person any transaction or matter addressed in this communication.
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
The Internal Revenue Service website contains a complete list of tax forms and publications available for direct download, and provides tax resources, including software, preparation tips and forms, and tax information for individuals, businesses and organizations. There are links for Individuals, Business, and Charities and Non-Profits–something for everyone no matter what you need!
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY
The State of Michigan Department of Treasury has a comprehensive list of tax forms and publications for individuals and businesses, as well as employment issues. It also includes information on college savings programs, senior programs within the state, and property tax data.
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
The State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (formerly the Department of Consumer and Industry Services) website for many of your regulatory needs such as workers compensation and insurance.
MICHIGAN UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE AGENCY
The State of Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency website for your employer and employee needs.
MICHIGAN TRAVEL AND RECREATION
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS vs. EMPLOYEES
The Internal Revenue Service offers guidance regarding whether a person is an Independent Contractor vs. Employees. You should also look to the federal and state departments of labor for their rules and guidance.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF CLOTHES AND MISCELLANEOUS
The Salvation Army offers a Salvation Army Family Store Valuation Guide to assist you in establishing the value of your donations for tax purposes.
SALES TAX EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE
The Michigan Department of Treasury has developed its own form (Form 3372: Michigan Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption) for you to use to make purchases that are sales tax exempt and for customers to provide to you when their purchases from you are to be exempt from sales tax. Save this form to your computer before completing it so it may be saved as completed.
- Browse to www.showmypc.com
- When you are at the above website, you may want to save a short-cut to your desktop for easy reference.
- Click on ShowMyPC Free in the green box
- A file will download, usually to your download folder. For future use, you may want to move it to your desktop.
- Whether from your downloads folder, desktop, or other location, double-click on the file and then click on Run
- You must click on the pop-up to allow the program to make changes to your computer
- Click on the white and green arrow in the circle to “Show My PC”.
- If and when it asks you if you know and trust the remote user, please check both boxes and “Allow”.
- Some firewalls and/or virus protection program will ask for further permission which you need to grant to allow me to provide remote assistance.
- It will generate a 12-digit code in the form of xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.
- Share the numerical code password (including the dashes) with me.